(Click image to enlarge. More screenshots here)
iSubtitle - Soft subtitled movies for your Apple gear
The first and only application to take full advantage of Apple's soft subtitle technology. The subtitle tracks are resolution independent and they are rendered in real-time as you watch the movie. They are always displayed at the best quality possible for your device or application, from your 50” HDTV down to your iPhone.
There are support for multiple languages in the same movie, and you can even switch languages on the fly as you watch.
If you already have a movie in a format that suits your needs there's no reason to re-encode it, just add the subtitles, use File->Save, and you're good to go. If, on the other hand, your movie is not suited for your device you can batch re-encode it straight from within the application.
You can also tag your file with metadata so it's easier to find in your growing library of Movies and TV Show’s.
• Add soft, non-destructive subtitles, that won't change or alter the original video.
• Subtitles can be turned on/off using the interface of the device or application.
• Complete support for multiple languages in the same file.
• Supported devices are iPod, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
• Supported applications are iTunes, QuickTime Player or any application that can play a QuickTime Movie.
• Built-in subtitle online search with automatic download, unarchive and parsing.
• Supports all major subtitle file formats like SubRip (.srt), SubViewer 1 & 2 (.sub), SubStation Alpha (.ssa/.ass) and MicroDVD.
• Matroska subtitles, like ssa/ass and srt, are automatically converted to soft subtitle tracks on import.
• Sync subtitles in real-time using the time offset stepper.
• Metadata. Automatic (from TMDb and TVDb) and manual metadata tagging.
• Create chapter markers automatically or manually.
• Batch re-encode movies within the application to support your target device or application.
• Supports speedy re-encoding using the Elgato Turbo.264 or Turbo.264 HD.
• Watch subtitled movies in fullscreen without leaving the application.
• Beautiful interface with crisp Retina graphics.
• Enhanced for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion.
• Greek localization by Anthony Sigalas.
• Brazilian Portuguese localization by Fabio Roselet.
• Italian localization by Michele Longhi.
• Russian localization by Slavyshensky Alexandr.
• French localization by Corentin Cras-Meneur.
• Danish localization by Jakup Andrias Knudsen.
• Portuguese localization by Pedro Fardilha.
• Spanish localization by Vicente Iglesias.
• Traditional Chinese localization by Ayee.
• Simplified Chinese localization by Zhang Wei.
• Romanian localization by Andrei Burghelea.
• Polish localization by Tomasz Wartalski.
• Hebrew localization by Kobi Meirson.
• Dutch localization by Coen Steelooper.
• Turkish localization by Barış Özdağ.
• Norwegian localization by Kåre Lysvik.
• Swedish localization by me, myself and I.
Learn how to localize iSubtitle in your language.
Watching soft subtitled movies
• On the iPad. Show me...
• On the iPhone/iPod Touch. Show me...
• On the Apple TV. Show me...
• In iTunes. Show me...
• In QuickTime Player. Show me...
Subtitles for everything else
If you are looking for hard-coded subtitles for your cellphone, mp3-player or game console, checkout Submerge or RoadMovie and learn about the differences between our apps.